Tour the Prairie
FROM BICYCLE TRAILS TO MOUNTAIN BIKING TO WATERFALLS & PARKS
Talcot County Park
Talcot Park is open May 1-October 31 and is situated beside Talcot Lake. This park features a campground, swimming area and sandy beach, and is a great place for fishing.
In January of 1957, the Dundee Rod and Gun Club founded Talcot Lake County Park. In May of 1976, the land was released to Cottonwood County for development and maintenance under the direction of the DNR. In 1974, Cottonwood County Park purchased 30 adjacent acres through the LAWCON grant (this land currently serves as the campground). $40,000 was used for roads, picnic facilities, comfort stations, and camping areas.
In 1985, the State-owned land was separated from the 30 acres. The State's property is used from day-use activities and public access to Talcot Lake. The County-owned land serves as a camping and swimming area. LAWCON provided a grant for an additional $25,000 in 1985 for development of a dump station, well water system, landscaping, camping pads, and improved roadway.