With a focus on agriculture and industry, Jackson County continues to prosper.
The Jackson County Courthouse is on the National Register of Historic Buildings. It was constructed in 1908 by Charles Skooglun of St. Paul according to designs by Minneapolis architects Buechner and Orth. Beautiful murals adorn the Court Room and Rotunda, and have recently been refurbished. The murals are noteworthy for a subliminal humor in the execution of various figures and subjects. Several of the figures have either four or six toes! The lower level is host to personal collections, on loan and displayed for many visitors to enjoy.